The Research Management Division of the Gesellschaft für Anlagen- und Reaktorsicherheit (GRS) mbH performs the following tasks:
- scientific-technical and administrative performance of project sponsoring in the field of reactor safety research on behalf of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi): Project Management Agency Reactor Safety Research (Projektträger Reaktorsicherheitsforschung - PT R)
- scientific-technical support of the BMWi in R&D projects in the field of reactor safety research
- assistance of the BMWi in its international co-operation in nuclear reactor safety research
- national contact point for Euratom in the field of nuclear technology
- Project management of decommissioning, dismantling and waste management of nuclear test facilities
The PT R is a member in the network of German project management agencies and participates in the Alliance for Competence in Nuclear Technology.