Dr. Martin Sonnenkalb
Head of Containment Department
- 1979 – 1988: Engineering degree and PhD in Nuclear Power Plant Techniques at Technical University Zittau; Degree: Dr.-Ing.
- Since 2008: Head of Barrier Effectiveness Department
- Since 1991: Research Assistant at GRS Cologne; Areas: Analyses of accidents and severe accidents of PWR and BWR, deterministic analyses to support PSA level, assessment of severe accident management concepts, support in revising of German nuclear safety rules with regard to fourth level (severe accidents) of defense-in-depth
- 1989 – 1990: Research Assistant at the Research Department of Nuclear Power Plant Greifswald; Area: thermal hydraulic analyses of WWER-440
- 1986 – 1988: Research Assistant to Professor at Technical University Zittau; Area: nuclear power plant techniques
Martin.Sonnenkalb [at] grs.de (Martin Sonnenkalb)