RepoTREND: Repository Safety Analysis
A final repository for radioactive waste could be considered as consisting of three compartments: the near-field, the far-field, and the biosphere. RepoTREND is modularly designed corresponding to this subdivision and provides computational modules for the simulation of the processes in each compartment.
Components of version 4.5 of RepoTREND
Near-field computational modules:
- LOPOS – radionuclide mobilisation and one-phase transport in a repository in salt rock,
- CLAYPOS – one-phase diffusive transport through a fully saturated clay barrier,
Farfield computational modules (GeoTREND-Family) for simulating the contaminant transport in fully saturated media:
- POSA – porous media,
- FRAME – porous-fractured media,
- COFRAME – porous-fractured media in the presence of colloids,
- Biosphere computational module BioTREND for calculating of annual effective doses and certain safety indicators,
- Flexible configurable graphical user interface XENIA for entering the model parameters,
- Framework for statistical analyses RepoSTAR.
Currently, the new computational module NaTREND for simulating the release of contaminants and their two-phase transport through the near field is being developed.